Mittwoch, 9. September 2015

I don't like it, I love it

29 days!

This is it. It's the longest away from home I've ever been ...
It's a dangerous business, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no telling where you might be swept off to.
#HobbitReference

The longest I've been away from home before was 21 days. Beating my own record every day now!

I'm getting used to all this. To America, to the kids, this house, even to the builders who are here every day (although I hope they're done very soon).

It's a challenge to find something to do every day that keeps the kids and me entertained.

I am working every day nine hours, so nine hours in which I'm alone with the kids. The best thing is to go outside and do something outside. As much as I'm looking forward to the winter, I have no idea what I'm supposed to do with the kids when you're freezing your nose off outside. But we'll cross this bridge when we come to it.

Basically I try to do something fun every day.

Cayuga Lake

Picnic - Cornell style


















Hiking with other Au pairs and their kids at Buttermilk Falls - first time with my little boy in the back pack. He is a very heavy baby. I was not able to move the day after this :p
No need for the gym!

 Although I also went to the gym ... Look at this view from the treadmill! Makes exercising almost fun ;)

Of course we can't forget about the American food ... well, sweets.



 Ice Cream Sundae on the left!
Whipped cream, chocolate ice cream, hot chocolate fudge and a cookie at the bottom! Oh, and of course a cherry on the top.

Dunkin Donuts on the right.

(Yes, I understand why a lot of Au pairs gain weight during their stay here)








Every Wednesday, I only have to work till 3 cause I'm going to college!
I really like my course, it's perfect. Very interesting.
I only always forget about the Air conditioning and so I'm freezing in class. But tomorrow I try to remember to bring a jacket ...


Fairytale forest?






Another hike with the kids up the Cascadilla Trail ...





But the really fun stuff happens during the weekends.

New York State Fair in Syracuse!

Henna tattoo

it drops you from the top. terrible thing


Milkshake with Michèle












Shopping in Syracuse!

not all of these bags are mine :p

Hershey's Chocolate Cheesecake
The Cheesecake Factory is heaven. Look at this cake. I want to live in the Cheesecake Factory. It's paradise.

Lake Ontario!

I really like this photo. We're searching for pretty stones :p

Reading (at the moment "Red Queen")

Fort Oswego


Yesterday was Labor Day, so I had a day off because my hostmom had a day off. We went to Lake Ontario, which is really beautiful and which looks like the sea. It's just so huge!

Tomorrow is the first day of pre - school for my little girl. That means I'm alone with my boy most of the time. Tomorrow is also college day :D

Sorry for the weird formatting. I don't know how to make it better ... maybe I'll learn that in college! We are really talking about HTML in class tomorrow. Exciiiiting

In general, I really like my hostfamily. I chose this headline because the song is always on the radio and sometimes I do love the US. Mostly during the weekend :p

Thank you all for you support, it means a lot to me. Knowing that you all are still there for me makes me feel stronger in this huge and weird country.

xoxo
Christin

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen