Mittwoch, 26. August 2015

Chasing this American Dream (and sleep)

15 days USA!

Feels like waayyy more.

So last week was quite relaxed because the grandparents were here and they played with the kids often times so I didn't have as much to do as normally.

However, a few important things I have to do or am doing:

I have to get a New York State driver's license. The car insurance is very expensive and it will get cheaper when I have that. Sooo I'm doing my driver's license. Again. I was so happy when it was over in Germany but I'll do my hostfamily that favor. They are doing so much for me. Getting an American driver's license is just a fair deal.

I am going to college ! To Tompkins Cortland Community College. While typing this, I suddenly understood why they're calling it TC3. 
Throughout my whole year I have to get 6 credits. Now I'm taking a class for which I get 3 credits, so I have to take another one in the spring semester. Or maybe I'll go to a weekend class. We'll see.
I am so excited cause it starts tomorrow! Every Wednesday from 4pm to 5.15pm. "Creating Online Media". Actually exactly what I want to do, also after this year.
I just hope that I'm gonna find the college and the room! It's in Dryden which is 20 minutes away.

So far I found everything, even without GPS. Yay disoriented me!

I will also get a membership in the gym. That thing is a dream! Far better than my gym in Germany. And more expensive ... America's making me poor! There are so many cool things here that I want to buy. 

Driving here was kinda weird at the beginning, but I'm getting used to it. I definitely prefer German streets and rules ... People don't seem to know priority to the right here. But they have a loooot of Stop signs. And hills. I hate driving (and walking) uphill !
local diner
Gugelhopf :D

Last weekend, we were at some kinda Austrian restaurant which was really fun because I had Schnitzel and a Gugelhopf. They also had German beer which I didn't drink of course. I just smelled it ... I also hate being underage again! :p
But that was a piece of home. It was nice.

American food - French Dip Sandwich
Taughannock Falls



We were also at Taughannock Falls. Like I said, soo many waterfalls. So much nature. That one is like the tallest in the region or something. Beautiful.










The children are nice, most of the time. Actually they're nicer when I'm alone with them which is weird but good. 

Yesterday was the first day of being completely alone with the kids. It is soooo exhausting, but fun. Sometimes. Hey, I'm the master of changing diapers now ! ugh

I'm fine, actually. Homesickness is under control. Most of the time.
Thanks for your support, guys. You're awesome. I'd probably die without WhatsApp ^^

Yeah, it's quite lonely here. 
Sunday I found a "Au pair in Ithaca" Facebook group. I even met one of the girls yesterday, we went shopping :D Variety is the spice of life, hahahahahahaha
#swag
Just kidding, I'm buying sth almost every day. And I thought I can save some money here. Joke's on me.

I think that's it for now. I am really tired, we went swimming today. And I didn't feel so good during the last days. Guess I caught a little cold. Sorry for grammar or other mistakes, I just can't concentrate anymore.

xoxo
Christin

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen