Samstag, 8. August 2015

Two Days Left

2 days left!

"Goodbyes are not forever,
goodbyes are not the end,
they simply mean I miss you,
until we meet again ... "
CAKE
So yesterday was my goodbye party with my friends. It was so much fun! To be honest I wasn't even sad - the sadness started today. Gosh, one year is quite a long time!
I got amazing presents, like (selfmade) diaries for the trip and even an America cake! Yummyyy
I am not even in the US, but I already miss my friends. The missing part sucks. I really really want to go to the US, but I'm so bad at saying goodbye.


Meanwhile, I figured out my three biggest fears at the moment.
1: I am worried that my friends will get other friends while I'm not here and when I'm back, they won't be my friends anymore ... Which is probably stupid cause there's still WhatsApp and Facebook and Skype, and I will also find new friends ... But I like my friends right now, please remember me! *monkey emoji that covers his eyes*
2: What if I don't like my city? (Ithaca, for those of you who forgot about that) Or my family? Well, actually there's also an easy answer here: I could change the family or come back home. But that's just a thing that's on my mind. I guess most Au pairs think about that. Let's hope everything will turn out fine *fingers crossed*
3 (and don't laugh at me): I am scared of gaining weight. I know, I know ... That's actually not such a big deal! I guess you can't even do something against that when you're new in America. So many delicious things to eat ! But I did my best to lose weight during the last few months so it would bother me a lot if that was in vain.

Sooo yeah. Maybe you think these fears are stupid or I don't know, but I just thought about what's making me nervous and I think these are the three main things. Except from those, I am looking forward to the US ! So much!

chaos
I am almost done with packing. There are only a few things left that need to be put in one of my pieces of baggage! I will take a big suitcase with me which is allowed to weigh 23kg (doing my best to stay under that limit) and my hand luggage will be a rucksack and a small suitcase. Let's hope I can pack away everything!




That's it for now. Phew. This night is the last night in which I can sleep as long as I want ... in my own bed. Gosh I'm gonna miss my bed! And my room! And my friends and my family! But right now, I am also missing something and I am not so sure what that is. I hope I can find that in the US.

Love,
Christin xo

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen