Donnerstag, 5. November 2015

Happy Halloween!

86 days!

It's November 4th, but it's like 24°C outside. So weird. 

Also I'm pretty sick at the moment. My kids are not 100% healthy as well, but I am very glad that my girl is still in school because my head hurts so much, I wouldn't be able to handle her today.

Halloween was on Saturday!

In Germany, some people celebrate it and some people also do trick or treating, but here people go crazy. Absolutely crazy.

I can't remember if I already told you about the house across the street from ours. Also known as "The Halloween House". They were the craziest.

Here, let me show you their decoration (which stood there from the beginning of October):
















I think on Thursday, they also added sound effects, I'm being serious.
So, whenever I was in my room, I heard werewolfs howling and a really creepy laugh which was really disturbing.

Saturday morning, we drove to the mall in Syracuse again to eat cheesecake (CHEESECAKE) and I bought winter boots. From Timberland. You've got to spoil yourself sometimes, you know what I'm saying? :p But seriously, I needed good winter boots and I've been told that they're really good. Preparing for the Ithaca winter.

In the afternoon, we went to a Harry Potter event in Ithaca.
And I can't believe it, but it was really cool.
There were so many people running around in Harry Potter themed costumes and they had butterbeer (which I didn't buy cause it was 5Dollars for a cup) and you could go chase Horcruxes and earn points for the Hogwarts house of your choice, but we didn't do that. They also gave out personal Hogwarts acceptence letters. The line was like 50m long, so we didn't get these either, but it was still pretty neat!

(Gonna add photos later, I forgot to put them on my laptop)

After that, I went home to get ready for Halloween!

I actually didn't really have a name for my costume, I just bought a dress (weeks ago!) and some .-make-up. I thought the name "Queen of the Darkness" would fit, buuuuut in the end I looked like a member from Kiss xD It wasn't on purpose, really. So I was not 100% happy with my costume, but it was still such a great evening and night.

"I was made for loving you baby" xD
Sooo I went trick or treating with my hostchildren and my hostmom.
Our neighborhood was full of people. Sometimes they even formed lines in front of houses. Craaaazy.
But people also gave me candy, yayy! Candy! And it was my first time trick or treating cause I've never done that back home.

Anti



And I was freezing cause it was SO cold and I didn't want to wear a jacket. The things you do to not look like a member from Kiss ... ^^

After that, I picked up my aupair girls aaaaand the real Halloween party started!


I have to admit that there are not a lot of good pictures from that night. For ... uhm ... various reasons :p
These here aren't really pretty buuuut they are the only ones I have.

So we stayed at my place first and then we went to a club called The Haunt. There were mostly people over 40 which wasn't really fun but we pretty much didn't care a lot. It was still so much fun! I'm gonna leave out the details here :p
Just some keywords: ekkore (Swedish for squirrel), scarecrow, fence, bush, car ride. 


It was a pretty crazy night. Who would have thought that that is possible in Ithaca? Miracles do happen apparently ;)

xoxo
Christin

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen